Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:06:36 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1.3.1 patchset 7

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 02:42:55PM -0700, Bill Huey wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 03:50:44AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > The requirements and method for building HotSpot is not yet documented
> > and the update to the FreeBSD port doesn't feature support for building
> > HotSpot as yet.  This is currently for the adventurous who understand
> > what they are doing.
>
> You basically need gcc31 and build one of the 6 compiler. It's not too
> hard to figure out.

I thought there was some contention that -STABLE's pthreads weren't up
to the task either, or is that not correct?

Also, how do you feel about writing a paragraph or so on building
HotSpot?  I'm sure it would help a lot of people :).

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org