Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:50:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        pav@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/114507: Cleanup x11-toolkits/xview

--- Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org> ha scritto:

> > All the REINPLACING can be done in post-patch or pre-configure. I prefer
> > pre-configure to avoid the reinplacing getting confused with patches as
> > happened with this port.
>
> I prefer post-patch, so one can type `make patch' and observe the
> results of replacing, without need to run configure script.

I used to think this but then if the maintainer edits those files the
reinplacing will get into the patches (some files are patched and reinplaced).
This was indeed what happened and thats why I had to clean up the double
reinplacing.

> Can this be changed back?

That said it's a matter of pure taste. Feel free to change it back to
post-patch.

Pedro.

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html