Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 11:11:44 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipv6 network addresses

Nicholas Charles Brawn writes:
> Is there an equivalent rfc (to 1918) that covers what network addresses
> you can use for internal ipv6 networks? I know that it's not really worth
> worrying about at this stage, but it would be good to know regardless. :)

	There are some experimental.  In reality, IPv6 uses your
	mac address and inserts a prefix^H^H^Hmidfix  (don't have the book
	handy) in the middle -- this makes your host autoconfigurable
	at link and network level.  For Internetwork, the prefix for
	your org. is concatenated.

> This might be more for -hackers or -chat, but i thought that it would be
> appropriate given the current thread on ipv6 & ipsec implementations.

	No, it should be on freebsd-net.

	There's one book (IPv6, O'Reilly ed.), which covers IPv6
	in depth, including FreeBSD INRIA.  It's in French though :-)

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-
     «Pluto placed his bad dog at the entrance of Hades to keep the dead