Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:06:32 +1030 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pre-alpha JDK 1.2.2 patches -- issues

> >I don't see how we can get libsunwjit to work without the source code.
> >Nate has since related that Blackdown got a precompiled version from one
> >of the Sun engineers.  I think we're pretty much at a dead end with this
> >the Sun JIT compiler unless someone at Sun decides to help us out :).
>
> I agree, I just didn't know whether you had looked at the HotSpot source
> code and decided that it was too hard to port.
>
> Robert Swindells

Sorry Robert, I had misunderstood your initial statement then :).  To be
honest, I haven't looked into Hot Spot at all.  This is a good point to
raise though, but first I want to get the JDK into alpha :).

I'm starting to feel the need for a web page to keep track of things
publicly, I'll look at setting one up this weekend.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083