Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:25:27 -0400
From:      "Michael B Allen" <ioplex@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Path to executable of current process?

Hello,

I'm looking for an example that uses kvm_getargv but from just
googling around I can't seem to find an example. Can someone give me a
pointer?

Actually what I'm *really* trying to do is port some code that invokes
GDB to do a backtrace and I need to give GDB the path to the
executable of the current process (e.g. on linux this is
/proc/<pid>/exe) and the pid of the process to trace (easy - getpid).
The first argument is trickey since FreeBSD frequently does not have a
/proc filesystem. So it seems kvm_getargv should have this path no?

Mike