Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:54:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        "Fred J. Lomas" <aj@8hill.com>
Cc:        Brian Anderson <bunicula@rcn.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Natd

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Fred J. Lomas wrote:

> so I need to edit the rc.firewall??? or do I need to find out what these
> guys are using on this box for the natd.conf name, it may be named something
> else or it may have another file pointing to it and referencing another
> ....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh seems like I am opening up can of worms......HAHA!

No!  As I made reference to earlier in this thread:

> Ryan Thompson:
> > /etc/rc.firewall contains no natd rules, and only contains an entry for
> > enabling packets through the natd interface.  From /etc/rc.firewall:

Meaning, rc.firewall does not contain any relevant way to configure natd,
and you should not edit it.

Again: You should not edit /etc/rc.firewall for this application. :-)

/etc/natd.conf and /etc/rc.conf are your friends.  My previous posts are
still accurate.

Hope I've helped..!

- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>	50% Owner, Sysadmin
  SaskNow Technologies     		http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   		Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2