Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 1996 12:26:07 -0800
From:      Lyndon Nerenberg VE7TCP <lyndon@orthanc.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nice Firewall :-)

>>>>> "Poul-Henning" == Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com> writes:

    Poul-Henning> If you had paid attention to the mailinglists, you
    Poul-Henning> would have known that ipfw was changed to a default
    Poul-Henning> policy of deny some time back.

Yes yes. The surprise was the -1 return from sendto(). This was not
consistent with the old behaviour of just swallowing the packet. I
don't remember this being mentioned on the list.

    Poul-Henning> Look at the manual and the /etc/rc.firewall I
    Poul-Henning> committed yesterday for more info.

The rc.firewall file is a very good idea. I'll assume the relevent
manpages will be updated at some point to document the new error
return. (The sup's still running and hasn't gotten that far yet.)

--lyndon