Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 08:15:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD keyboard

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> To go off on a total tangent, in spite of the fact that they have a
> Windows logo on them, I've found the Microsoft Natural Keyboard an
> exceptionally indispensible thing to have.  After using one of these
> for about a year, I can't hardly type on a "normal" keyboard anymore

It isn't anything like the Comfort Keyboard (tm), but it cost
about $400 less.  I have one of the Microsoft keyboards and love
it.  Besides, if you are a touch typist, you never look down and
see the Windows logo anyway.  I haven't tried, but you could
probably scrape the logo of---they are just decals.

I'd rather not give money to Bill, but I also value the health
and comfort of my hands and the MS keyboard is the first
affordable alternative to the standard layout.  The price of the
Comfort Keyboard has come down in the past couple years, but its
still around US$500.

> My S.O. was getting lots of wrist pain too.  She types only on these
> keyboards now also, and has a lot less problems with her wrists.

My wife was getting wrist pains and I made the mistake of loaning
her my MS keyboard.  I couldn't get it back for a month!  It was
utter hell.

Has anyone tried any of the MS keyboard inspired clones?  Micro
Warehouse sells a "Tru-Form" keyboard made by Adesso that look
almost identical except it has a "eraser" mouse between the
keyboard halves.  Its about half the price of the MS unit, but a
keyboard is not something I'll buy without trying out first.  I
have not found any dealers with display.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================