Date:      Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:18:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Heyer <heyer@cs.wisc.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   swap_pager and vm_faults

Any idea what exactly would cause this?

Jul  5 08:30:24 rancor /kernel: swap_pager: I/O error - pagein failed;
blkno 708776, size 4096, error 22
Jul  5 08:30:24 rancor /kernel: vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware)
error, PID 197 failure
Jul  5 08:30:24 rancor /kernel: pid 197 (innd), uid 8: exited on signal 11

As you can tell from innd, this machine is a news Server with 96 Megs of
RAM and 256 Megs of Swap.  While the CPU and Disk Drives are kept pretty
busy, it usually has plenty of memory to spare.  The time it occured (8:30
AM on a Sunday) and the fact the machine stayed up seems very strange to
me.  This machine has been rebooting about once a day on average for no
obvious reason, so I'm trying to investigate everything possible.

--
John Heyer :: University of Wisconsin - Madison :: http://heyer.ml.org