Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:01:24 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kbstew01@owt.com>
To:        "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: GNOME 2.16.1 has been committed

--Boundary-00=_U5PNFdpWMGrOiPW

On Sunday 15 October 2006 10:42, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:52:22 -0500, Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 14 October 2006 22:31, you wrote:

> >> I have added an important sentence in UPDATING about that need to
> >> have least 1.9 version of portmaster to have the upgrade success.
> >> Thanks for remind! :-)
> >
> > You need a little bit more. Cairo won't update because the
> > portupgrade -rf  won't build the glitz dependancy of cairo.
>
> Please do not lose the gnome@freebsd.org from the CC. I don't know
> anything about glitz, so I will not able to help you. I am adding
> gnome@freebsd.org back in.
>
> Please send us the build log for one of my team can have the more clues.

I have attached the config.log. What it says is that glitz

configure:26826: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "$glitz_REQUIRES"
Requested 'glitz >= 0.5.1' but version of libglitz is 0.4.4

The reason glitz-0.4.4 wasn't built is that freetype2 or fontconfig would have
had to have been built for the -rf to build glitz and then cairo. With -rf
cairo
glitz, fontconfig, and freetype2 would never be built because you would have
to use -rRf cairo for that to occur.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart