Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 17:30:19 +0900 (JST)
From:      =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2YwZhsoQg==?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOSxHbhsoQg==?= <g-nakai@internetsolutions.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compiled Gnome and it run but..

Hello,

Today I compiled gnome-0.20(http://www.gnome.org/) on FreeBSD 2.2.6 and
found it runs well(some programs create core).

The ports skeltons is here.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-PaloAlto/4384/gnome-0.20-980627.tar.gz

I also tried the build of that many many times on the many different
versions of FreeBSD-current, but failed. So, it can't be send-pred until
-current is good for gnome but I annnounce here to report some progress
for desktop developers (and for the FreeBSD Desktop Theme contest? :-).

Below is what I tried.
- normal FreeBSD-current(gcc 2.7.2.1) causes link errors about gnomelibs.
- FreeBSD-current(gcc 2.8.1+libg++2.8.1.1) also causes another link
error about gnomelibs.
- FreeBSD-current(make world with gcc 2.8.1+libg++2.8.1.1) causes no
error about gnomelibs but core dumps about gnomecore. (This info is from
another person)

- but FreeBSD-2.2.6(gcc 2.7.2.1) can compile both gnomelibs and
gnomecore, with no link errors or core dumps. (because it is stable?)

Thanks.