Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:26:50 -0600
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        "Jean-Philippe Daigle" <jean.daigle@SolaceSystems.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Starting a service on boot

rc scripts should accept a few arguments:
start
stop
restart

You can usually find one in /usr/local/etc/rc.d to copy from.

In most cases you want the service to write the PID to a file in /var/log
so only one instance is started.  Also be sure you use full pathnames in
your scripts, don't assume an environment exists.

         -Derek