Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:59:12 +0200
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   closing down the squid22/23 ports?

Hi all,

Pardon the cross-posting. :-)

I'd like to look at closing down / making inactive the squid22 and
squid23 ports. The squid-2.2 and squid-2.3 codebases have been
inactive and largely unsupported by the squid developers (read: myself
inclusive here) for some time now, and I'd like to point users
at the actively developed/maintained squid branch.

Squid-2.5 is also in the pipeline for release soon, and I don't think
there is a point in having 4 squid ports.

What do people think?

(please CC me, I'm currently not on the ports/hackers list
for various time-related reasons..)

Thanks!

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Programming is like sex:
<adrian@freebsd.org>		   One mistake and you have to support for