Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:18:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Josef Belkovics <belkovic@albert.osu.cz>
To:        Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav <smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BROKEN_KEYBOARD_RESET

On 29 Jun 1998, Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav wrote:

> smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav) writes:
> > Josef Belkovics <belkovic@albert.osu.cz> writes:
> > > I will try in asembler only following:
> > > a) i change cpu mode from protected to 'normal'
> > > b) i change appropriate segment registers
> > > c) i change appropriate bios constant to enable warm post
> > > d) i will call appropritae bios function (int 19h ?)
> > No, jo do a long jump to FFFF:0 IIRC.

(I don't use x11 or emacs to read mail. So my answers take long.)

> Now what's going on in my mind? s/jo/just/

I don't understand well 'you do a long jump to ffff:0' (+ what means
iirc?). I suppose that if i am in real (or 'normal') cpu mode, then i can
do 'int ?h'. I am not interesting what 'int ?h' really does - maybe long
jump to ffff:0 etc. (Probably long jump to ffff:0 is one from more ways
how to call bios function 'reset'.) I look at problem from my knowledge
database about FreeBSD asembler (nothing) and about c+asm+bios under dos
(good). I wrote mail, because i don't know FreeBSD-asembler syntax for a)
and b) points - so I must look for it under /sys with undecided result.

> Anyway, I have a BIOS reference somewhere at home, so just nag me and
> I'll give you the address for the warm boot flag and the jump target.

I don't need bios reference (I have it at home).

To be continued next day...

Josef Belkovics