Date:      27 Mar 2001 19:08:47 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   porting the Hewlett-Packard Linux Inkjet Driver Project to FBSD ?

Hi,

Owner of a Deskjet 890C, i've always think it was a pity to obtain
such awful color pictures wit Ghostscript under Unix.

Recently, HP has released the source of its Linux Inkjet Driver
Project. I've downloaded the sources and tried to play with them and
GS in order to build something runnable under FBSD but i must admit my
lack of experience: the build still fails.

I've downloaded the binary rpm packages and i've installed them on my
FreeBSD box. Wow... I don't recognize my printer!

As this installation was a bit tricky, i would prefer the cleaner
FBSD's style, so my question is: is the integration of HPIJS planned
for GS port ?

I'm still trying to build the whole stuff, starting from the current
GS6 port but, as i've said before, i'm not very experienced in GS
build.

BTW: see <http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net>; for more informations

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1289076860 secondes.