Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 18:58:00 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Smc659@aol.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice giveaway of source code

> > I have the feeling that "Software Licensing Program" speaks $$$$.
>
> You can read about the Sun Community Source License on their web site now.
> It is the same license that brings the JDK to FreeBSD.

*NOT* As we read it (The JDK folks), the CSL doesn't allow us to release
the JDK on FreeBSD, so we signed a different license (the one from JDK1)
that allows us to re-distribute binaries on the WWW.  Besides, the CSL
didn't come into play until JDK2, and we don't (yet) have a JDK2 for
FreeBSD. :(

Nate