Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:53:20 +0200 (SAST)
From:      lists <lists@security.za.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NewCard / pccbb

Hi All, Im hoping someone can help me in clarifying some issues, Im
attempting to find the problem with my orinoco wavelan card.  Currently I
have the card plugged into a pci -> pcmcia bridge.  As mentioned in a
previous email, the card detects fine, (both under oldcard and newcard), I
can use wicontrol on it, and all the rest of it, but the moment I try and
ifconfig it or alternatively the moment I try and put packets through it,
I get watchdog timeouts.

Now my question is this, should I have the same irq on both the bridge
device and the card, or could this be causing my problem.

In a verbose boot mode I see the following:

pccbb0: <TI1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 9.0 on pci0
pccbb0: PCI Memory allocated: 44000000
pci_cfgintr_virgin: using routable interrupt 3
pci_cfgintr: 0:9 INTA routed to irq 3
cardbus0: <Cardbus bus (newcard)> on pccbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on pccbb0

Further down <after snipping out a lot of crap> I see this

wi0: <WaveLan/IEEE> at port 0x100-0x13f irq 3 function 0 config 1 on
pccard0

Could that irq sharing be breaking something?

Thanks

Andrew