Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:08:19 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Ond=C5=99ej_Majerech?= <oxyd.oxyd@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        herbert langhans <herbert.raimund@gmx.net>, Andrey Zhidenkov <andrey.zhidenkov@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse and keyboard don't work in Xorg 7.4

2009/10/20 Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>:

>> Mouse and keyboard works without it too.
>
> I just re-read the chapters on X in the handbook. Setting
> a specific keyboard language (german in my case) now involves
> messing with XML in the HAL configuration.
>
> I'm just keen to know where I now have to set my mouse in
> order to work properly. It's a three-button mouse from Sun.
>
> In the past, all X settings (resolution, mouse, keyboard,
> fonts etc.) could be controlled via one centralized file.
> Sadly, this seems to be scattered among many subsystems
> now...

You can still do it this way -- just disable HAL device autodetection
and everything works as usual.  I also have keyboard layouts set up in
my xorg.conf file.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet that your current
xorg.conf will work on a newer X.org version, if you just add the line
to disable HAL autodetection.

~ Ondra M.