Date:      Sat, 27 Feb 2016 17:11:31 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: synth package for 11-CURRENT amd64

El día Saturday, February 27, 2016 a las 05:00:06PM +0100, John Marino escribió:

> > $ ls /usr/PKGDIR.20151230 | wc -l
> >     1794
>
> Let me answer this way: you can pass a text file to Synth that lists one
> port origin per line and it will build that port (along with any ports
> it depends on).  So however you generate that input file is valid.
>
> However, it's bad form to just generate that list from an existing
> directory because you are manually specifying dependency ports.  All you
> need to do is define the leaf ports.  For example, you only need to
> define "editors/libreoffice", not the entire dependency tree of
> libreoffice.  So maybe you should start with a generated input file and
> manually extract the leaf ports to create the final input file.
>
> Does that make sense?

I see. The above 1794 ports are result of a file of some ~300 ports
which I passed to poudriere to build them. I should just use the same
file as input. Does 'synth prepare-system' expect a file? I did not saw
this in the git pages and have no manual until now.

Btw: I'm already building lang/gcc-6-aux, ... on my poudriere box.
Thanks for the pointer to the pkg in any case.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Bundeswehr: Wir.Dienen.Deutschland. - Wir.Machen.Krieg.  (We.Serve.Germany. - We.Make.War.)