Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 1995 21:26:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jay Kuri <jaykuri@interaccess.com>
To:        Kenneth Merry <ken@ulc199.residence.gatech.edu>
Cc:        Peter Marelas <maral@webnet.com.au>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 951104-SNAP - Can't telnet in

> > > generic info: 2.1.0-951104-SNAP, SMC Elite 16C Ultra, DES and Kerberos
> > >               distributions installed.
> > > 	I don't think this is kerberos related, since it shows up with
> > > finger, talk, etc.
> > > 	Does anyone have any ideas on this?
> > This is just a hunch, but try adding a domain name to /etc/sysconfig
> 	Hmm..what'll that do?  I'm not running NIS, so setting the NIS
> domain name won't help..and my hostname is already fully qualified in
> /etc/sysconfig and in /etc/hosts.  (i.e. hostname.subdomain.domain.edu)

    When I first installed the SNAP, I was getting problems with the
telnets as well.  I got a strange message about a function not having the
right parameters, or something (unfortunately I don't remember it)  I
recompiled telnet and telnetd and they worked fine from then on.  This
may be unrelated as I was installing over an old distribution, but just
thought I'd mention it just in case it's not.

Also, I too am using the 951104-SNAP, a SMC-elite 16C and DES and Kerberos.

Jay K.