Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:24:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        rjesup@wgate.com, arch@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org, (Alfred Perlstein) <bright@wintelcom.net>
Subject:   Re: HEADS-UP: await/asleep removal imminent

On 18-Jan-01 Soren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Soren Schmidt wrote:
>> > I actually used this:
>> >
>> > CFLAGS          ?= -O -pipe -mcpu=i686 -march=i686
>> > COPTFLAGS       ?= -O -pipe -mcpu=i686 -march=i686
>> >
>> > All the diffs in sys/ on the box I built this kernel on are at
>> > http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/sys-mutex.patch.  One possibly notable
>> > patch I had forgotten about is the fix to forward_signal() to lock with
>> > sched_lock.  I've just committed that though.
>>
>> OK, I have installed those patches and will try out a kernel build on
>> that asap....
>
> Hmm, now we are getting somewhere, it ran through a make world with
> that patch installed!
>
> I'll test some more, maybe you should get it all committed it seems to
> make a hell of a difference....

The refcount.h stuff isn't used anywhere, and is still in a bikeshed mode.  The
rest of the patches are a bogus SMP HLT implementation that isnt' done yet,
some proc lock fixes in svr4, some weird kernel printf patch I got from someone
else at some point in time, and the forward_signal() patch I committed.