Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:55:27 -0400
From:      John Almberg <jalmberg@identry.com>
To:        Catalin Miclaus <catalin@starcomms.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Controlling read access

On Jul 31, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Catalin Miclaus wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> If you are providing only FTP services for those users, perhaps you
> want
> to go for an FTP server that handles virtual users.
> I'm using pure-ftpd and it works great.
> Google will help you find some nice howto's for same.

Hi Catalin... I installed pure--ftpd with TLS/SSL support and am
having some problems with it...

1. VERY slow to list files the first time. I thought this was a DNS
problem, so tried the -H flag, but no joy. Still slow.

2. When I try to connect with TLS/SSL, I get a connection, but the
file list takes so long that the connection times out.

Any ideas? I Googled for this problem, but the only hint I came up
with was the -H flag...

Thanks: John