Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 1999 12:14:00 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Doni Andri C <doni@gerbang.mkdu.itb.ac.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strobe & sniffit

On Tue, 09 Nov 1999 14:55:27 +0700, Doni Andri C wrote:

> any idea how can we use sniffit and strobe? i've tried but it's not
> working... it says that there's no bpf1 how can we compile or make
> this "bpf1"

Your question is answered in the FAQ.  If the answer in the FAQ was
accurate, you wouldn't get an answer. ;-)

Assuming you're using FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE (you didn't say, so I have to
assume something) you need to run a kernel that was built from a config
file that included a line like this:

	pseudo-device   bpfilter 4              #Berkeley packet filter

Once you're running such a kernel, you need to do this:

	cd /dev
	./MAKEDEV bpf4

This will create 4 bpf device nodes, bpf0 to bpf3 .

Ciao,
Sheldon.