Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:36:34 -0500
From:      Tom Cahill <tcahill@abcs.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Packages Install from DOS

Hi,

I am having trouble installing the packages (2.1.5). Have a mitsumi
drive and could not get it to work so copied all to the hard drive
on a dos partition and installed from there... the dists worked
under c:\freebsd\dists but have not been able to figure out where to
put the packages directory in order for the installer to recognize
what it is suppossed to be looking for... It tells me it can not
find the INDEX... the entire CD is on the HD and I have tried putting
it under the c:\freebsd directory as well as just under the c:\
directory... Any help would be appreciated...and if someone knows how
to get the Mitsumi recognized... (I did try the ATAPI.FLP for 2.0 but
was unable to find anything for 2.1.5....didn't work) I would appreciate
that as well... If no solutions are available for the IDE drive yet
would be willing to work on a solution if pointed in the right direction
to do so...

Thanks again,
Tom Cahill
tcahill@abcs.com