Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 06:09:20 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.), julian@ref.tfs.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDvs Lxxxxx Flame..

> I considered writing a letter, but being involved in a flame war
> on a newpaper is like playing chess over mail. You get to retirement
> before the game is over...

Well, I read the letter and it didn't sound THAT bad.  At worst, the
Linux advocate could be accused of being a little obsolete in his
information, but I saw nothing that was outright inflammatory enough
to warrant an impassioned correction.  If I responded to every
low-grade Linux puff-piece touting some semi-dubious feature of Linux
over BSD, I'd be writing letters all day! :-)

If something looks truly egregious then I *always* send a letter.
This didn't push my meter into the red zone, so I'm going to ignore
it.

				Jordan