Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:21:58 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Jails & Perl: Reading /proc ...

--nextPart2988122.sdbQliCg1y

On Friday 24 December 2004 08:17, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I'm trying to read /proc/*/status, specifically to find what processes
> belong to what jail ... but, doing 'direct views' on it tends to generate
> errors since processes "come-n-go" ...

I had the same problem when I was writing JailAdmin (sysutils/jailadmin),=20
and eventually solved it by using jexec to execute ps from within a jail. =
=20
This is actually a lot faster than opening and reading a lot of files from=
=20
within /proc, *and* allows you to run a system without a mounted proc=20
filesystem should you want to do so.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser