Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:58:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary D Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail or namedb configurations....

    Before I put my other hosts behind my firewall, and on my private
    10.* network,  I'm trying with an existing host, zen.

    On ns1, I've added my private hosts to my /etc/namedb/* files,
    re-initialized.   After doing everything that seems logical to
    /etc/mail/* files, I'm still getting:

     (Deferred: Operation timed out with zen.thought.org.)
					    <jqs@zen.thought.org>

   in mailq.   "jqs" is a unique user, only on zen.

   Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong here. ns1.thought.org is
   v4.4, zen is 4.5, so sendmail ought to be current.

   thanks in advance, people,

   gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix