Date:      Fri, 23 May 2008 01:43:29 +0200
From:      Tilman Linneweh <arved@freebsd.org>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        Tilman Linneweh <arved@freebsd.org>, d@delphij.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey@goldmark.org>
Subject:   Re: Why no MovableType port?

On May 22, 2008, at 20:13, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>> www/MT
>
> Interesting.. Wondering why not rename it as www/movabletype? A lot
> of people have no idea what 'MT' is and the 'movabletype' will get
> hit in search engine a lot faster.

Well, "make search key="movabletype"" finds the port, and it has been
named "MT" since 5 years. I maintain it since 4 years, and this is
the first time someone complained. MT is the short name used all over
the website (like "MT Day", "MT Beta", "MT professionals", "MT
community", "Styles for MT ported from WordPress" etc.). So

So i am not yet convinced we gain much by renaming it.