Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:36:44 -0400
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
To:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
Cc:        John Purser <johnmpurser@home.com>, "'J McKitrick'" <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: amazon email response

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 09:32:08AM -0800, Matthew Hunt wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 08:20:31AM -0800, John Purser wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to avoid the big guys and I want a good selection, rapid
> > shipping, and a good web site.  In short, Amazon without the patent issue.
>
> I recommend fatbrain.com; they have an excellent selection of
> technical books and a decent (and, it seems to me, expanding)
> selection of other books.  In my experience, the claimed availabilty
> for an item is accurate.  The search engine is a little weak,
> not having a good idea of "best match".

Bookpool.com...selection isn't to die for, neither is their search
engine, but when they DO have what you're looking for, it comes
pretty cheap. 20% off and up on tech books.

--
Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>		[http://www.rtfm.net]
"The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching