Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:05:33 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Anders Andersson <anders@sanyusan.se>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: natd problem, with port over 1024?

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 10:45:22PM +0100, Anders Andersson wrote:
> I seem to have a natd problem. I have a 3.4 gateway box running natd and
> is the gateway box for a 192.168 LAN I have.
>
> Most there are Win 98 workstation and a NT server. Those win 98 clients
> whould connect to the NT server which runs MS SQL, and the clients tries
> to connect using port 1433 (IIRC). But is doesnt seem to allow it
> through natd. Mind you that both the win98 boxes and the NT server are
> on the same 192.168 subnet. Our public net only got *BSD servers.
>
> I will try to use natd logging function to see if that tells me anything
> in the morning.

Um, I'm not sure I understand.  You told that both Win98 and NT run
on a local 192.168 subnet, but you did not tell where you have natd(8)
running.

If you want me to help you, please provide a more detailed information:
your network diagram, tcpdump(1) output, natd(8) -v output, ipfw(8) rules.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the
ru@ucb.crimea.ua	United Commercial Bank,