Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:02:02 -0600
From:      Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   any sh or bash gurus out there?

Greetings,

I'm stuck again.  I have a couple hundred 'DOS' text files that I need
to make use of.  I need to get rid of that annoying '^M' at the end
of each line.  I can kill it like this...

tr -d '\015' < filename > filename.new ; mv filename.new filename

... but there must be a simple way to automate this process and avoid
having to type this over and over again.  I'm wondering if there are any
clever shell programmers out there that can help me with a script to
walk a directory tree and process these files.

Thanks
Randy