Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 10:14:59 +0100
From:      Gert-Jan.Vons@ocegr.fr
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: 2.1R+PCVT+Xfree on Thinkpad

I have not been able to get Xfree-3.1.2 to run on my Thinkpad using
the PCVT driver, something completely hoses up the keyboard.

A workaround is to build a kernel using the syscons driver, with
"options XT_KEYBOARD" defined in your kernel configuration file.
If you want to use your trackpoint, you also need the change to psm.c
I posted last friday.

( I don't know what is going on exactly when using PCVT, but the
  keyboard is dead when I start X. However, I can rlogin and use
  scons to switch to another screen where the keyboard works fine.
  Switching back to the X screen results in a keyboard that is no
  longer dead, but that apparently sends the wrong codes :-(

  Maybe one of the PCVT experts (Joerg ?, Hellmuth ?) knows what's
  going on ?
)

	Gert-Jan

J.G. Vons, Oce engineering Creteil, France | E-mail: Gert-Jan.Vons@ocegr.fr