Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:13:28 -0600
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@www.svzserv.kemerovo.su>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: java/106964: Makefile for ports/java/jdk15 is not compatible with make of RELENG_4

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 02:50:07PM +0000, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
>  The correct solution would be upgrade of system make for RELENG_4
>  but I doubt that there is anyone willing to do this.

That's not going to happen at this point.  Not only is RELENG_4 past
end of support, but it would probably cause problems for the remaining
users by upgrading such a system tool.

Many of the 4.X workarounds have already been removed from various ports;
parts of the infrastructure will soon follow.  The support cost in
volunteer time simply became too high.

Anyone using Java on FreeBSD needs to upgrade, preferably to 6.2, unless
there are compelling reasons not to.

mcl