Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 18:04:44 -0700
From:      "Sameer R. Manek" <manek@ecst.csuchico.edu>
To:        "Mike C. Muir" <mmuir@es.co.nz>, "Sebastien ROCHE" <sr@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: occasional reboots

Overclocking is entirely a crap shot. You are pushing a system to above what
the vendor rated it for. Maybe it will work, as for you it did. Or maybe
you'll end up with a pile of molten transistors.

It's not a good way to measure os stability, it is expected that the os will
barf on hardware errors. The question you should be asking is what errors is
win 2k/nt/98 failing on, that fbsd is apparently not noticing, or handling
differently. RAM errors? bus errors? cache errors? video card errors?

Sameer