Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:36:25 -0800
From:      "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel Debugging over the Ethernet?

Hi Folks,

	Now that Luigi has put in polling support for some ethernet drivers
I was wondering how much work it would be to make the remote kernel debugging
run over the ethernet.  I have worked on systems like this before (it's the
reason
I did polling network device drivers in Wind River's VxWorks) but it depends
on a debugging system that has the ability to have its back end swapped out.

	Who would I talk to about how kernel debugging works at the
lowest layers right now?  Which source files should I look at first.

Thanks,
George

--
George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn@neville-neil.com
NIC:GN82

"Those who would trade liberty for temporary security deserve neither"
						- Benjamin Franklin