Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 22:25:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dump(8) hosed on CURRENT

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Martin Blapp wrote:
> >
> >>I now did a test with dump -L on a live filesystem, and I've seen the
> >>"file expected but not found" error, too. There's obviously something
> >>broken, we should check if it's related to -L or if it happens always.
> >
> > I just tested it without "-L" on a live, but not active filesystem.
> > The restore finishes fine and everything seems to be there.
> >
> > So dump -L is broken :-(
>
> Now, how about making a snapshot and backing that up instead of using -L?

The -L flag to dump takes a snapshot. And if you create it by hand with
mksnap_ffs(8) you probably back it up with dump (the trick in the dump
source is to create the snapshot, open it and then unlink it).

regards,
le

--=20
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universit=E4t Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/