Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 1999 23:57:57 +0200
From:      Jean-Michel DRICOT <jdricot@ulb.ac.be>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   GPL or BSD License  ?

Here's my problem: I'm developping software for FreeBSD community (e.g.
JavaCom API) and I  don't know wich "licensing system" choose.
The BSD License looks like a "concentrate" of the GPL.
What are thus their real differences ?
In what case should I use GPL instead of BSD and vice-versa ?

Thanks for helping me to see in all that lines (tha's quite harder to
read than code :-)...)

Jim

Printed on 100% Recycled Electrons

Dricot Jean-Michel
3rd year study in Computer & MicroElectronic Engineering
Polytechnic School
Free University of Brussels (ULB)

URL:	http://student.ulb.ac.be/~jdricot
e-mail: jdricot@ulb.ac.be