Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 18:21:53 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        faber@ISI.EDU (Ted Faber), gdk@ccomp.inode.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

> This is why you convince Hasbro's lawyer, and not 12 angry men.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that Hasbro's lawyer doesn't
give a flying f**k at a rolling donut on this issue?  He's doing
exactly what the tetris lawyer did - going down his list of "trademark
violations" on ftp.cdrom.com and requesting that all instances of
"boggle" there be deleted.  In order to be friendly to ftp.cdrom.com,
our master site (in case you forgot), it also makes sense to do this
in a way which simply eliminates the problem from our end so that
various types of mirror nastiness don't become necessary just over
this one issue (and it will be removed from the 4.4 Lite tree on
ftp.cdrom.com as well, just FYI).

> > If Jordan wants to make a
> > quick and dirty fix that avoids a fight that isn't a good use of
> > FreeBSD's resources, I can't naysay him.
>
> And now we're back to "FreeBSD vs. FreeBSD Inc.", an argument I don't
> want to have at this point, Thank You.

Again, you are either being deliberately disingenuous or are just
naturally befuddled, Terry, since FreeBSD, Inc. doesn't even enter
into this.  Walnut Creek CDROM got the letter and the FreeBSD
*project* is debating how to get the whole annoyance of these periodic
letters out of our hair.  I thought I asked you to try to get your
facts straight in my last message?  You're not trying nearly hard
enough.

In any case, I see no merit in further debate with you on this since
your fur went up several exchanges or so back and the last 3 posts
from you have been little more than thinly disguised rants, reasonably
coherent rants I'll grant you, but rants nonetheless.  Further
communication from you on this topic is going to /dev/null since I've
already given you more than your due airtime here, sorry.

					Jordan