Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:35:05 +0200
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS Performance issue against NetApp

Am Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:25:56 -0700
schrieb "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>:

>=20
> Morning =E2=80=A6
>=20
>    I'm trying to figure out where performance issues are arising, and
> I suspect its a lack of tuning on the FreeBSD side =E2=80=A6=20
>=20
>    Hardware wise, I have an HP Proliant DL360p Gen8 Server, 16G of
> RAM, bge ethernet =E2=80=A6 I have two ethernet ports in use, one used as=
> private backend for the NFS filer, the other for the public IP front
> end. =20

How did you get bge working on a Gen8 Proliant anyway?

AFAIK, the stock bge of 9.1 doesn't have support for the bcm-chips in
those servers.

Can you try an Intel NIC?

I have to cap RSIZE/WSIZE at 32k to get *any* kind of performance from
a SmartOS NFS server.
That was with 9.0, I haven't re-done my tests with 9.1, admittedly.