Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 23:40:34 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan.langille@dvl-software.com>
To:        Burke Gallagher <burke@mcs.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: running frequent cron perl scripts

On 5 Jul 99, at 23:45, Burke Gallagher wrote:

> Glad it is working for you.

All thanks to you.

> Email me the final copy and I will add some more error checking to it
> (i.e. if the currentIP address is null abort) before you post it on your
> web site.

The latest copy is at ftp://ftp.freebsddiary.org/pub/get_ip.sh

I changed the file name for the IP to a full path name.  Running from a
cron job, it wasn't always finding it.

At present, the cron job is:

*/3     *       *       *       *       root    /home/dan/get_ip.sh > /dev/null

I'm planning on sending root an email message if the IP address
changes.  I don't want to resort to scanning the logs to know.

Cheers.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/