Date:      Sun, 25 Jul 1999 13:04:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Melanson <wjm@gate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Simple question on sound setep

Would anyone be as so kind as to point me to any html references in
regards to setting up sound on a bsd machine (3.2x). I pretty much know
what to cut out of the LINT file as well as the IRQ/DMA and MAKEDEV
variables. I've got one of those old NEC 100mghz machines with on-board
sound (sound blaster pro compatible) devices and I'm torn with the option
of just turning off the on-board sound device (via jumpers on the board)
and just buying a sound blaster 16 (isa) or shall I give the existing a
go?

The current manufacturer of the integrated sound device is OPTI which no
longer manufacters this particular device, go figure...

Just point me to any sound setup html's and I will go...

I've pretty much exhausted the bsd faq and handbook references.

Thanks much

- Bill