Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:47:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net (John S. Dyson)
Cc:        cskim@cslsun10.sogang.ac.kr, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: data segment

> FreeBSD (internally) distinguishes between .text, .data,
> .bss by mechanisms that are not named ".text" handler, ".data" handler,
> and ".bss" handler :-).  It does so by the attributes of the segments.
> Take a look at the code in /sys/kern/imgact_aout.c for how the segments
> are set-up.  I understand that it can be confusing, but the names ".text",
> ".data", and ".bss" are historical, and mostly imply certain segment
> attributes.

Any chance we can get some additional mappings defined to coincide with
the Microsoft mappings?  I've been trying to load (and use) some simple
NT drivers, and they want "pageable" (which I wouldn't expect to do
anything, initially anyway) and "discradable" for init, etc., etc..

If you need a full list, I can provide it with a day or so lead time.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.