Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:55:46 -0400
From:      Thomas Stromberg <tstromberg@rtci.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, ghlemer@freebsd.org, peter@freebsd.org
Subject:   newpcm broke the Esoniq 1371 Driver Hack?

I've been using the Esoniq 1371 Driver from
http://www.freebsd.org/~ghelmer/es1371/ (written by Russell Cattelan?)
on my 4.0-CURRENT box for a few weeks now. It's just a hack replacement
for es1370.c/es1370_reg.h, but it worked fine up until a week ago or so
when I presume the newpcm code went into place. It works against my
27AUG99 kernel however.

Does anyone here have plans to integrate the ES-1371 patch into the
-CURRENT tree? I'm afraid my skills are not in the driver development
area.

For reference, the old kernel boots up with this info:
pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371> irq 11 at device 12.0 on pci0
pcm0: using I/O space register mapping at 0x1080
es1371: codec vendor  revision 0
es1371: codec features none
es1371: stereo enhancement: no 3D stereo enhancement

Thomas Stromberg,                   Assistant IS Manager / Systems Guru
smtp://tstromberg@rtci.com          Research Triangle Consultants, Inc.
http://afterthought.org                              919.380.9771 x3210
irc://Mithra@EFnet                 FreeBSD Contributor / BeOS Dev 18330