Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 00:59:53 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@gjvc.com>
To:        Majid Almassari <majid@ibroadcast.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Config

On 11/02 23:23, Majid Almassari wrote:

> I'm trying to configure my Kernel to do the bpfilter support.

Add the line

  pseudo-device bpfilter

to your kernel configuration file.

> when I run /usr/sbin/config mykernel I get a message saying config: can't
> open ../conf/devices.i386.

cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
config mykernel
cd ../../compile/mykernel
make depend kernel install

> Now the file devices.i386 is not in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/  I looked at
> other servers and they do have that file there.

Then it's been deleted.  Use cvsup to refresh your source tree.

> So am I in trouble? and how I can overcome that? Thanx for help.

Get and use cvsup.  Look at /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile

gjvc

--
[gjvc]
<gjvc@gjvc.com>