Date:      Tue, 26 May 2009 10:33:47 +0200
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Fatal trap 12 mostly cvsup

Hello all=20

I use a test box with current for quite some time know.
It is mostly used as a cvsup-mirror for my other servers.

It has 6  250 GB disks ad4, ad5, ad6, ad7, ad8, and ad10.

Ad5 to ad10 are labeled   as disk01 to disk05 and i have created a =
raidz2 pool from those disk.

It all worked well, but as of today it gives me panics when i enable =
cvsupd or do a /usr/local/etc/cvsup/update.sh

My cvsup dir ncvs is on the raidz2 pool as is my /usr/ports dir.

=20

This is the error i get

=20

cpuid =3D 0; apic id =3D 00
fault virtual address                                      =3D 0x0
fault code                                                          =3D =
supervisor write data, page not present
instruction pointer                                         =3D =
0x20:0xffffffff80834046
stack pointer                                                    =3D =
0x28:0xffffff802e090690
frame pointer                                                  =3D =
0x28:0xffffff802e0906f0
code segment                                                 =3D base =
0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                                                         =
     =3D DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
proccessor eflags                                           =3D interupt =
enabled, resume, IOPL =3D 0
current process                                               =3D 58199 =
(cvsup)
trap number                                                     =3D 12
panic: page fault
cpuid =3D 0
Uptime: 1h4514s
Physical memory: 1009M

Dumping 1700 MB: And here the cursor stays.

I can switch to other terminals by pressing ALT Fx, it takes about 5 to =
10 seconds and then it goes to that terminal.
If a client does a cvsup =96g =96L2  then it says it is connnected to =
the hanging machine but nothing happens.

I can not do anything on the consoles.
If i do not use cvsup-mirror adn cvsupd then the machine runs fine.
But a //usr/local/etc/cvsup/update.sh or running the cvsupd crashes the =
machine.

=20

No special things in /etc/make.conf.

CPUTYPE?=3Dnocona

KERNCONF=3DKRNL

BATCH_DELETE_OLD_FILES=3D yes

=20

I even installed the base system again with the latest snapshot and =
imported the raidz2 pool=20
did a buildworld with sources from yesterday.
And the system behaves the same.
=20
In loader.conf i have=20
vm.kmem_size=3D=94512M=94

vm.kmem_size_max=3D=94512=94

=20

Mostly it is the cvsup process, but i did see some other processes as =
well=20
I do not remember them well, but one started with g_f=85=20

regards,

Johan Hendriks