Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:06:22 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Ilya Martynov <m_ilya@agava.com>, gad@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        apsfilter-current@apsfilter.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   printer spooldirs wrong owner ?? (was Re: Fixes for apsfilter-current-09.12.2000 (printing via smbclient) )

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 03:35:51PM +0300, Ilya Martynov wrote:
> P.S. I forgot about another problem I meet while setting up printing. SETUP
> creates smbclient.conf that is not readble by lpd. For me it was created as:
>
> -rw-------  1 root  daemon  156 Dec 12 16:41 smbclient.conf
>
> to make printing work I had to chmod g+r on it.

I think this is an inconsistency in FreeBSD ...

The filterscript (forked by llpd) runs under permissions
daemon.wheel, but the spooldirs in FreeBSD by default are
created with permissions root.daemon.

I think this could easily be fixed, if you would
	chown -R dameon.wheel /var/spool/lpd
and during apsfilter SETUP you should take care that ownwer and
group are now setup right to match daemon.wheel.

[ Cc'd to freebsd-stable ]

What do the lpd maintaining authorities in FreeBSD say ?

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                                           Powered by FreeBSD SMP
Songs from our band >>64Bits<<............http://www.apsfilter.org/64bits.html