Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 17:47:04 +0600
From:      "Samuel E. Romero" <ser@hon.hn>
Subject:   Help with Bocaboard 2016 silo overflow's

I'm trying to set up an ISP server using, FreeBSD 2.1.5R on a P150 48MB
Ram and 2GB IDE HD.  I'm using the BB2016 board with external box to
connect the (will be?) dial-in modems.  I have Motorola 28.8 modems for
dial-in.  I can connect with the modem in any of the 16 ports of the
BB2016 using a terminal comm program, and can type commands and
everything on the comm program, but as soon as I begin something that
sends a stream of bytes (zmodem file upload or PPP handshaking - slirp,
ppp or pppd), the host complains with silo overflows.  1, 2, 4 up to 5
at a time.  I'm only using one of the 16 modems at a time (No
"production" yet :-( ).
I have tried different speeds from 19200 up to 115200 without luck.
Also I searched the freebsd lists and found something about changing
FIFO_TRIGGER in the sio.c source and I did it.  I changed it to 8, 4 and
1, even disabled the FIFO buffers (on the kernel flags for the sio
ports) and the result were the same.
I got another brand modem (borrowed) and the same happened.  I even
tried the comm port in the machine but the same happened with it.
The modems have CST/RTS flow control enabled.  This is done in the the
sio?? dev's also by the rc.serial file.
The probe messages say that every port has a 16550A, as the one in the
serial port of the machine.

Any clues? pls.  Thanks.

--
Samuel E. Romero                              Soluciones Internacionales
ser@hon.hn                                               Honduras On Net