Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 14:42:51 +0100 (BST)
From:      Quintin Oliver <quintin@smlt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sysintall keeps dumping core :(

Hello,

Well, my first FreeBSD problem, I installed FreeBSD Release 2.2.7 on my
machine at home, it's a Cyrix 486/dx2 66 (16 meg of ram) and alls ok.

Then, I thought - I like the BSD product, I'll install it on the server at
work, install was ok.

Without touching the machine, I tried to run /stand/sysinstall, it runs,
then crashes when I select 'Post-Install'-'Packages' as soon as it gets
the INDEX from ftp.freebsd.org, it crashes out: sysintall: exited in
signal 10 dumped core (bus error).

Or something similar like that, I'm not sure why sysinstall doesn't crash
at home but instead at work?

The machine at work: P200, 32meg's of ram.

Any comments would be very helpful thanks :)

Quintin.