Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 10:52:29 +0200
From:      Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
To:        "Amir Y. Rosenblatt" <amir@neuron.net>
Cc:        jlwest@tseinc.com, freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dump/tape problems

Amir Y. Rosenblatt wrote on 22.4.1996
  Re: dump/tape problems

- > you didn't told dump how large your tapes are. Look at the density, length
- > and blocksize options of dump. I personally use the B option with the
- > number of tape blocks (1KByte blocks). Something like
- > 	dump u0Bf 100000 /dev/nrst0 /
- > BTW, you know that you are using the auto-rewinding device, or ?
-
- I also found that I wasn;t able to do a restore after I dumped a
- filesystem (though I haven't yet tried it with this specific set of
- settings).  I'm also not 100% sure I have the right DIP switch settings.
- Does anyone here know what they might be?

What messages do you get while restoring ? Whats not working ? A few more
details might be nice :-)

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers                                     |       What's good ?
Luederitzstr. 14, 81929-Muenchen, Germany       |      Life's good -
<mailto:lutz@muc.de>       ph: +49-89-93940364  | But not fair at all
<http://www.muc.de/~lutz>;  fax:+49-89-93940365  |          (Lou Reed)

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.