Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:57:10 +0200
From:      Michael Gmelin <grembo@freebsd.org>
To:        Stefan Wendler <stefan.wendler@tngtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>, "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel Haswell support - Any updates?

> On 18 Sep 2015, at 15:33, Stefan Wendler <stefan.wendler@tngtech.com> wrot=
e:
>=20
>> On Thursday 17 September 2015 20:57:20 Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> You must run a ver y recent -HEAD; Wifi is fine
>=20
> I cannot run HEAD because I need a stable system for work. Will there be a=
=20
> package for FreeBSD 10? I really want to get rid of my crappy b/g usb stic=
k.
>=20

Unlikely, as it involved some breaking changes to smbus we can't do within a=
 major release. Many other changes might work on 10 (like memory detection, s=
mbinfo quirks and changes to atkbd). You could of course keep the breaking c=
hanges in a separate patch set (those enable light sensor and touch pad).

See here for a list of commits involved, you might be able to back port most=
 of it:

http://blog.grem.de/sysadmin/FreeBSD-On-AcerC720-Merged-2015-07-25-23-30.htm=

- Michael